49 Brilliant Living Room Wall Gallery Design Ideas
1 min read
Okay, so you have the daunting task of decorating an empty large wall space. There is no need to be perplexed because there are so many unique decorating ideas you can use for your wall without just putting up a stereotypical print.
Here are some ideas to inspire you:
1. Metal art, often found in Tuscan and European homes is now very popular. Why not try a round metal art medallion to create some interest in your living room space. Add some tall tropical plants on either side or use hanging planters with ferns.
2. Large tapestries and quilts can be hung with wooden or metal drapery rods. You can also hang wall sconces on either side of the tapestry to anchor the space. Add fresh flowers or candles to complete the look.
3. A large architecturally interesting mirror can really add some style and character to your room. A couple of accent shelves on either side with coordinating vases or candlesticks can create interest.
4. Frame a large map or retro poster for an exceptional look. Add cabinets or bookshelves on either side to unify the space. Add in some copper and brass accents to pull it all together.
5. Another trend is ladders where you can display a few decor items or books. Keep your accent pieces to a minimum to avoid a cluttered look.
6. Purchase or scour flea markets for several large picture frames in different sizes. Spray paint the frames the same colour and look for patterned wall paper to decorate them. Stick to similar colours with differentiating patterns. Three large pieces looks nice when hung in a gallery style.